Helpful navigation toolbar

Saturday, November 6, 2010

E-3 Sentry (AWACS) cockpit

This is what I thought was the neatest display at AirFest. Visitors are able to take a walk-through tour of a Boeing E-3 Sentry that is on display. I took a shot of the interior (which did not come out terribly well) but saw that the cockpit door was open, but off limits to the guests.

Prior to taking this shot I asked one of the crew members if I could take a few shots of the cockpit (since it was blocked, I didn't want to do anything that could get me in to troubleand fortunately he said yes!).

Now to be fair, I am not a pilot, I don't play one on TV, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so if this cockpit is vastly different from the interior of a Boeing 747, Airbus A330, KC-135, etc, I would really have no idea. I just know that I probably won't have a chance to take shots inside an AWACS ever again (unless it returns for AirFest next year or something like that).


Boeing E-3 Sentry (AWACS) cockpit

1 comment: